Article III, Section 48b of the Texas Constitution
This section was repealed April 22, 1975.
The former section, added in 1965 and never amended, created the Teacher Retirement System of Texas and set forth investment rules for its board.
The ballot proposition that repealed the section consolidated provisions concerning state and local retirement systems in Article XVI, Section 67.
- Vernon's Annotated Constitution of the State of Texas (this multi-volume and up-to-date resource is available at all law libraries and many municipal libraries)
- The Texas State Constitution: A Reference Guide (this one-volume resource is available at most law libraries and some municipal libraries)
- The Constitution of the State of Texas: An Annotated and Comparative Analysis (this two-volume resource is available at most law libraries and some municipal libraries)
- Constitution of the State of Texas (1876) (this resource is published and maintained by the University of Texas School of Law)
- Amendments to the Texas Constitution Since 1876 (this resource is published and regularly updated by the Legislative Council)
- Reports Analyzing Proposed Amendments (this resource is published and regularly updated by the Legislative Reference Library)