Section 114.005 of the Estates Code
- Uniformity of Application and Construction.
- In applying and construing this chapter, consideration must be given to the need to promote uniformity of the law with respect to the subject matter of this chapter among states that enact a law similar to this chapter.
- Added 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 841 (S.B. 462)
This section of the Texas Real Property Transfer on Death Act fully adopts the substance of Section 18 of the Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act.
Moreover, each of the other eighteen real property transfer on death acts that are based on the Uniform Act also differ to some degree from the Uniform Act.
Accordingly, exactly how Texas courts will interpret and implement this section of the TRPTODA is unclear.
No appellate court decision has interpreted any section of the TRPTODA.
No published legal commentary addresses this section of the TRPTODA.
Uniform Act Text
- Section 18. Uniformity of Application and Construction.
- In applying and construing this uniform act, consideration must be given to the need to promote uniformity of the law with respect to its subject matter among the states that enact it.
- Approved by ULC in 2009 (Uniform Act)
Uniform Act Comment
Section 18 of the Uniform Act does not have an official comment.